Invest in people we trust:
- We strive to conduct our business at all times with honesty and integrity, and expect the same of our partners.
Invest where our experience matters:
- When both capital and operating expertise are required to optimize results, we can partner with management to build businesses that are equipped for long-term success.
Invest in businesses we understand:
- We do not take research, development or technology risks with products that are core to financial performance.
Use leverage prudently:
- Debt is essential to an efficient capital structure but we avoid excessive leverage.
Lower middle-market focus:
- Deal sizes generally between $25 and $125 million.
- Equity investments from $15 to $50 million.
- Capital required to facilitate management buyouts, growth, acquisitions or restructurings.
- Control investors.
- Investment horizon generally of five to seven years.
- Willing to consider financial and operating restructurings where a strong core business exists.
- Core management team that is motivated to stay and invest; able to bridge management transition using Ironbridge resources as required.
- History of positive earnings and EBITDA of $5 to $20 million per year.
- Strong competitive position within their industry or niche.
- Opportunities to grow revenue and improve earnings either organically or through acquisitions.
- High returns available for incremental capital investment.
- Broad sector focus including manufacturing, distribution, consumer products and services, and business products and services. We do not invest in the real estate, natural resources, fashion or technology sectors.