Our name pays homage to the Ironbridge Gorge, a World Heritage Site in Britain, which is universally recognized for its unique role in the development of the Industrial Revolution in the early years of the 18th century. The “Iron Bridge” was built over the River Severn at Coalbrookdale in 1779. The bridge had a far reaching impact on local society and the economy, bridge design, and the use of cast iron in building. The bridge marks a major accomplishment for the industrial revolution and, in 1795, when the bridge survived the great floods, iron became the standard for bridge construction. Ironbridge, to us, represents a strong symbol of industry and innovation.
Invest in people we trust:
- We strive to conduct our business at all times with honesty and integrity, and expect the same of our partners.
Invest where our experience matters:
- When both capital and operating expertise are required to optimize results, we can partner with management to build businesses that are equipped for long-term success.
Invest in businesses we understand:
- We do not take research, development or technology risks with products that are core to financial performance.
Use leverage prudently:
- Debt is essential to an efficient capital structure but we avoid excessive leverage.
Lower middle-market focus:
- Deal sizes generally between $25 and $125 million.
- Equity investments from $15 to $50 million.
- Capital required to facilitate management buyouts, growth, acquisitions or restructurings.
- Control investors.
- Investment horizon generally of five to seven years.
- Willing to consider financial and operating restructurings where a strong core business exists.
- Core management team that is motivated to stay and invest; able to bridge management transition using Ironbridge resources as required.
- History of positive earnings and EBITDA of $5 to $20 million per year.
- Strong competitive position within their industry or niche.
- Opportunities to grow revenue and improve earnings either organically or through acquisitions.
- High returns available for incremental capital investment.
- Broad sector focus including manufacturing, distribution, consumer products and services, and business products and services. We do not invest in the real estate, natural resources, fashion or technology sectors.